MOVIES YOU HAVE TO SEE FROM 2010
- Inception - I saw the midnight premier, and had to turn to the people sitting behind me after the film to apologize, because my brain seems to have splattered all over them after my mind was blown. (87%)
- Toy Story 3 - a.k.a. Tearfest: Becoming emotionally connected to 3-D renderings of pieces of plastic (99%)
- The Social Network - A movie about Facebook turns out to really be a movie on friendship and betrayal and love and honor and money and greed and humility... and you get the point, there were a lot themes in an excellently directed movie (David Fincher), better written (Aaron Sorkin), better acted (Jesse Eisenberg) and surprisingly well scored (Trent Reznor) film. (96%)
- True Grit - A fourteen year old girl acts just as well if not better than the Dude. This movie is going to rake in Academy Award nominations and awards, so go watch it. (94%)
- The King's Speech - Geoffery Rush + Colin Firth + Helena Bonham Carter + World War 2 + Really cool premise + lock for all kinds of awards = see the movie. (96%)
- Black Swan - admittedly, I haven't seen it yet. But everyone says its great. (88%)
- Harry Potter - The penultimate film is exciting and effectively builds anticipation for the finale. (79%)
- Kick-Ass - Without fear of sounding dumb, this movie kicks ass. (76%)
- Tangled - I only had two drawbacks to this great movie. Number one, Mandy Moore's voice. I've never had to call a voice actor bad, but she was. Number two, only a year after the The Princess and the Frog, Disney fails to animate a single character (even background characters) that is not white. (88%)
- The Kids Are All Right - A Sundance favorite. It's already winning awards for screenplay and acting. (94%)
- The Illusionist (L'illusionniste)- Animated film that recently beat Toy Story 3 for best animated as voted on by The New York Film Critics' Circle. Um... wow. I guess we all have to see it now. (87%)
- Hot Tub Time Machine -The single greatest movie title ever. (64%)
- 127 Hours - Danny Boyle is a great storyteller, and he has an amazing true story to work with. Win win. (93%)
STAY AWAY FROM THESE MOVIES
If you like movies or entertainment, stay away from these:
- The Bounty Hunter - Jennifer "I don't act" Aniston and Gerard Butler... ugh.
- Clash of the Titans - For a movie that relied on its epic battle sequences and supposedly amazing CGI, how come Steven Spielberg's T-Rex (animated nearly 20 years ago) still looks more realistic?
- Grown Ups - Stupid.
- The Last Airbender - M. Night Shamylan manages to take a wildly popular story, that is already written out for him, and blow it. Big time.
- Sex and The City 2 - I heard they weren't even in the city for this one.
- Last Song - lol.
- Alice in Wonderland
MY MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIES FOR NEXT YEAR
- Green Hornet
- Battle Los Angeles
- Cowboys and Aliens
- Captain America
- The Hangover 2
- Super 8
- Harry Potter
- Tree of Life
MOVIES THAT ARE GOING TO SUCK
- Green Lantern
- The Tempest
- Red Riding Hood
- Season of the Witch
- Puss in Boots
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon